cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
ac11ca
Level II

How to manipulate axes scales in Graph Builder when using log units

Hello,

Please see attached data file.

I am trying to plot "actual" vs. "perceived" separated by "context". I have created a graph doing this and saved the script as "Graph - Perceived ~ Actual x Context".

(1.png)

The data is skewed so I created via the formula function two new variable by logging both "actual" vs. "perceived". I then created a new graph and saved the script as " Graph - Ln(Perceived ) ~ Ln(Actual) x Context".

(2.png)

This new figure gives me the shape I want but the axes are not interpretable. How do I create axes that operate on the original raw numbers and create a graph that has axes like the following:

(3.png)

Basically, how do I draw a figure that logs the data of the x and y axes but presents the data in the original units, rather than log units?

Thanks.

Adrian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ms
Super User (Alumni) ms
Super User (Alumni)

Re: How to manipulate axes scales in Graph Builder when using log units

Make the plot with untransformed data and dubbelclick on an axis to bring up the axis specification dialog and change the scale setting from linear to log.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ms
Super User (Alumni) ms
Super User (Alumni)

Make the plot with untransformed data and dubbelclick on an axis to bring up the axis specification dialog and change the scale setting from linear to log.

ac11ca
Level II

Also:

analyze -> fit Y by X

perceived = Y

actual = X

Click OK

red triangle -> group by -> context

red triangle -> fit special

Change Y transformation to natural log

Change X transformation to natural log

Change degree from 1 Linear to 2 Quadratic

Click OK

Double click the Y axis and change the scale from linear to log Double click the X axis and change the scale from linear to log