cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
ericx
Level II

How to make prediction profiler interactive for PowerPoint

Is there a way to make the prediction profiler interactive on a PowerPoint slide? I was seeing things online about saving it as a Flash object but I'm not sure Flash is around anymore and that will work.

Thanks in advance for the help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
P_Bartell
Level VIII

Re: How to make prediction profiler interactive for PowerPoint

You are correct in your assessment of JMP utilizing Flash...obsolete. Many versions ago JMP design in general went to an interactive HTML application for JMP report element interactivity. You also don't say which version of JMP you are using...so if you are using an older version, the Prediction Profiler may not have the, what I'll call bridge to interactive HTML. With each subsequent version of JMP, HTML interactivity is expanding to cover more reports. Plus there are some differences in capability and workflow for a Mac vs. Windows OS JMP deployment...now with all the disclaimers out of the way, here's a link to the JMP online documentation that should give you the answer:

Exporting JMP analysis platform reports to PowerPoint 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
P_Bartell
Level VIII

You are correct in your assessment of JMP utilizing Flash...obsolete. Many versions ago JMP design in general went to an interactive HTML application for JMP report element interactivity. You also don't say which version of JMP you are using...so if you are using an older version, the Prediction Profiler may not have the, what I'll call bridge to interactive HTML. With each subsequent version of JMP, HTML interactivity is expanding to cover more reports. Plus there are some differences in capability and workflow for a Mac vs. Windows OS JMP deployment...now with all the disclaimers out of the way, here's a link to the JMP online documentation that should give you the answer:

Exporting JMP analysis platform reports to PowerPoint 

ericx
Level II

Thank you!

ericx
Level II

HI there,

I tried exporting to PowerPoint but it just gives me an image for the prediction profiler, I can't drag it around like on JMP or HTML. 

Am I doing something wrong? Thanks.

I have Jmp 16 on Windows.

P_Bartell
Level VIII

@ericx : It's been awhile since I've done what you are trying to do...and I'm a JMP division retiree who no longer has a license so I can't test my suggestion...but I think one way to accomplish what you are trying to do is to save the Profiler as an interactive HTML object, then embed the object into PowerPoint like you would any other object.

More recent versions of Powerpoint do not allow the execution of arbitrary JavaScript code for security reasons, so there is not currently a way to embed Interactive HTML reports in a Powerpoint presentation.

P_Bartell
Level VIII

@josh_markwordt Thanks for enlightening me...it's been a couple years now since I've done anything like that sooooo...maybe what @ericx should consider is using a JMP Journal as his presentation platform...then everything in JMP will be available to him as a presenter?