Share your ideas for the JMP Scripting Unsession at Discovery Summit by September 17th. We hope to see you there!
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
statlover
Level I

How to do multivariate comparisons in JMP?

I would like to know how to do the following type of comparisons on Multivariate data:

1. Comparison to a standard value

2. Two Sample comparison

3. Paired comparison on multivariate data

I could not see any previous discussion on this topic. Can someone help?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
P_Bartell
Level VI

Re: How to do multivariate comparisons in JMP?

I suggest checking out the Fit Y by X platform. Here's an entry point into the large volume of information in the JMP online documentation. You'll need to drill down for the various issues you'd like to explore...but this will get you started:

https://www.jmp.com/support/help/en/15.1/#page/jmp/introduction-to-fit-y-by-x.shtml#

Highlighted
KarenC
Super User

To add to Peter...paired comparisons are called "Matched Pairs" in JMP and are under the Analyze>Specialized Models menu. The other two options you are looking for are under the Fit Y by X platform as Peter mentioned.
Highlighted
statlover
Level I

Hi Karen and Peter,

Thanks for your suggestion. But this is not what I am exactly looking for. I am looking for Multivariate comparison which uses Hotelling T Square test. 

Under the ANALYZE > MULTIVARIATE menu there is an option to Hotelling T-square  for One Sample to Standard comparison. So I am now looking for Two Sample Hotelling T-square and Paired Hotelling T-square tests.

Thanks,

SL

Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.