cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
s22d704
Level I

How to create a nomogram

"Hello. Is there a way to create a nomogram illustrating the results of logistic regression analysis using JMP Pro?"

3 REPLIES 3
dlehman1
Level IV

Re: How to create a nomogram

I'll admit to begin unfamiliar with nomograms, but after looking at some of them I don't see the advantage over using JMP's profilers.  In fact, the profilers provide a somewhat richer view of the relationships in my view.  I'll be interested in both whether JMP can easily produce nomograms, and any comments on their usefulness relative to the Profiler.

I agree with @dlehman1. Please try the Profiler to see if it suits your purpose. A nomogram can account for non-linear relationships, but I don't see how it would account for interaction effects. (Somebody else might know how to do that.)

I wrote a script for a simple nomogram in JMP a long time ago, but I can't find it now. Anyway, a general-purpose nomogram application would be a significant development project.

Nomograms were developed when visualization was largely drawn by hand. The same design principle applies to mechanical slide rules. We generally transitioned to computer tools because of myriad advantages.

txnelson
Super User

Given the interface between JMP and Python, you may be able to use the pyNomo library in Python to get what you want.

pyNomo is a python library for making nomographs (or nomograms) that are graphical calculators. Nomographs are defined as a python script that consists in most part of dictionaries.  Documentation is available here 

Jim