cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New to using JMP? Hit the ground running with the Early User Edition of Discovery Summit. Register now, free of charge.
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Neo
Neo
Level VI

How to create Box Plots when 5 summary parameters (Min, Q1, Median Q3, Max) and Limits (LSL, USL) are in a column corresponding to a given part_ID?

My data table has got part_ID entries in column 1. In column 2, the 5 summary parameters - Min, Q1, Median Q3, Max  and the test limits LSL, USL appear. In column 1 the part ID is repeated 7 times (corresponding to 5 summary parameters + LSL & USL, total 7) after which the next part ID appears (and corresponding 7 numbers in column 2).

I do not want to change the format of the data table (i.e. do not want to transpose).

I want to create box plot trend chart (with part ID on X-axis) using the 5 summary parameters and the limits. How to do this via JSL?

When it's too good to be true, it's neither
21 REPLIES 21
jthi
Super User

Re: How to create Box Plots when 5 summary parameters (Min, Q1, Median Q3, Max) and Limits (LSL, USL) are in a column corresponding to a given part_ID?

Your jitter is set to None

jthi_0-1697727869185.png

which I guess means that there should be no random noise added

jthi_1-1697727926782.png

-Jarmo
Neo
Neo
Level VI

Re: How to create Box Plots when 5 summary parameters (Min, Q1, Median Q3, Max) and Limits (LSL, USL) are in a column corresponding to a given part_ID?

This additional script called by the earlier script (in this thread) does what I wanted. Script is specific to my data but shows a way to plot V Line () within a loop across different Frameboxes. 

Changing to BoxPlots on the Graphbuilder with Q1, Q2 and Median selected in the local data filter gets proper boxplots. V line () connects the Max and Min completing the anatomy of a box plot.  As only Q1, Q2 are selected and rest of the data ignored, I think one gets the correct box (selecting more parameters such as Min and Max in the local data filter gives incorrect box).

Names Default To Here (1);
Clear Log ();

setVLines_atMinMax = Function ( {gbr, FrameboxNo, PartNo, Min, Max}, {},

Eval(EvalExpr(gbr [Framebox (FrameboxNo)]<< Add graphics Script (
					V Line (Expr(PartNo-1), Expr(Min), Expr(Max));	
				)));

);

gbr = gb << report;

nParts =5;

nc = ncols (dt); //number of coulms in my data table

For (j =1, j <=(nc-1), j++,

FrameboxNo  = j;