cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

How to collapse Outline box for a graph builder box

Hi,

I'm hoping a seasoned JMP JSL scripter can help me with a problem. I'm trying to collapse the outline box around a graph builder chart in JSL. In different words, I'm trying to click the blue triangle for a graph builder chart by using JSL.

Many thanks!
Steve
2 REPLIES 2
mpb
mpb
Level VII

Re: How to collapse Outline box for a graph builder box

Create your graph in graph builder manually. Close the blue diamond outline manually. Click the red triangle and choose Script > Save Script to Script Window. That script will show you the code for running the graph builder and closing the outline node.

Re: How to collapse Outline box for a graph builder box

Many thanks, MPB. That was helpful.

And to perhaps make this post more helpful to others...

I manually created the graph builder, collapsed the graph with the blue triangle, and got the script. The pertinent line was:

SendToReport( Dispatch( {}, "Graph Builder", OutlineBox, Close( 1 ) ) )

I saw that the command was "close(1)". In JSL, I then made a reference to the report of my graphbuilder object. Then I sent the outlinebox the message to close.

rpt=graphbuilder<rpt[outlinebox(1)]<
Note that I found out it was outlinebox(1) by using the "show tree structure" menu item that I accessed by right clicking on the blue triangle>>edit>>show tree structure.