cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

How to add row labels only in one chart of a dashboard containing several charts.

Hello,
I would like to call upon your expertise.
I have a data table and a dashboard containing two charts. I also have in the table a column containing comments (empty or not), for which I have activated the labels.

I would like to display in the first chart the comments next to the points, but not in the second chart, so as not to overload it.

• Enabling labels on the rows (row > right click > label/Unlabel) works fine, but in this case the comments appear on both charts, which I don't want.
  • Disabling the row labels and customizing the first chart works halfway (right click > Customize > Marker > Set Marker Draw Column > my comment column) because in this condition, only the comment of the column appears but the markers (for example, diamonds) disappear.

Do you know a trick to do that?
In advance, thank you

2 REPLIES 2
txnelson
Super User

Re: How to add row labels only in one chart of a dashboard containing several charts.

There are 2 ways that I know will work.

1. Create a duplicate of your data table and use it for the graph that you set the labels for.
  2. Create the graph that you want the labeling for, then move the graph into a JMP journal for the display.  You can then remove the labeling from the data table and create you other charts.  The copying of the labelled chart into a journal breaks the link to the data table.  It will also turn the graph into a static graph.....no interactivity.
Jim

Re: How to add row labels only in one chart of a dashboard containing several charts.

It's a shame it's not a direct option.

Nevertheless, many thanks for your help, I will try.