cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Ripple
Level I

How do you change the color of axis lines, labels, and titles?

I have a graph with two vertical (y) axes.  I want to change the color of the axis line, tickmarks, value labels, and title of each y axis (to match the colors I've chosen for the two datasets I've plotted, with one on each axis).  How do I do this?  In Excel it is easy - right click on the axis, value labels, or title and make the change.  I see no way to achieve this in JMP 13, at least not yet.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How do you change the color of axis lines, labels, and titles?

Greetings - this functionality is made available now in JMP 16, which was just made available in March 2021. To color separate Y axes differently, right-click one of the axes and select Show Properties. Click the axis that you want to color and change the background
color, text color, and line color.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
txnelson
Super User

What platform are you using to produce the graph?  Graph Builder, Overlay Plot, Fit Y by X????

Attaching an image would also help.

Jim
Ripple
Level I

Thanks.  I'm using Graph Builder.  Since posting I was able to figure out how to change my value label and axis title colors.  However, I still haven't cracked how to change the color of each individual axis (and its tickmarks) or to change the font color of the data series labels in the legend.  In the captured screen shot, I'd like to make the vertical axis you see, and its tickmarks, and the legend title for this series all the same blue I'm already using (and the same for the other, primary y axis and its associated contents which I'd like to all be the same red).

Preferences > Styles.

Frame Color controls the axis line and the tick marks. You'll also see preferences for setting the color of the Major and Minor Grid Lines.

HTH,

Melanie

Ripple
Level I

Melanie -

Thanks - but the problem w/ the Preferences > Styles approach is that it changes the color of the entire frame all to one color.  I want to set my left and right y axes to different colors (to match the colors of the two respective datasets I'm plotting on those respective axes).  These can be controlled independently in Excel but I haven't yet found a way to do this in JMP.  Is there a way?

Ripple

Ah, I see what you want. No, there is not currently a way to do that. 

-- Melanie

Ripple
Level I

Bummer - but thanks for confirming that and saving me continued rooting around the menus!  

Greetings - this functionality is made available now in JMP 16, which was just made available in March 2021. To color separate Y axes differently, right-click one of the axes and select Show Properties. Click the axis that you want to color and change the background
color, text color, and line color.