cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
nthai
Level III

How do i plot overlay chart similar to Analyze >> Quality and Process >> Control Chart >> EWMA Control Chart

Hi all,

I think the title pretty much speaks for itself. There's one property "Overlay Charts" when i choose, it will overlay the Y and Y EWMA data into 1 chart. I think it's suitable for my need but dont know how to re-generate.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ih
Super User (Alumni) ih
Super User (Alumni)

Re: How do i plot overlay chart similar to Analyze >> Quality and Process >> Control Chart >> EWMA Control Chart

Here is how you can build that chart interactively:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
txnelson
Super User

Re: How do i plot overlay chart similar to Analyze >> Quality and Process >> Control Chart >> EWMA Control Chart

You will need to create your own EWMA column.  The function, Simple Exponential Smoothing() should be able to give you the EWMA you need.  You will also have to create an X column based upon the row number.  Below is a simple example.

txnelson_0-1663759207816.png

Graph Builder(
	Size( 723, 578 ),
	Variables(
		X( Transform Column( "Row", Formula( Row() ) ) ),
		Y(
			Transform Column(
				"EWMA",
				Formula( Col Simple Exponential Smoothing( :height, 0.1 ) )
			)
		),
		Overlay( :sex )
	),
	Elements( Points( X, Y, Legend( 6 ) ), Line( X, Y, Legend( 8 ) ) )
)
Jim
ih
Super User (Alumni) ih
Super User (Alumni)

Here is how you can build that chart interactively:

nthai
Level III

Thank you ih, by demonstrate step by step it is much easier for me to follow up