cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
zjuv007
Level III

How do I script Tabulating a document and then saving that Tabulated data into a Data table on my hard drive?

I would like to tabulate some data from document 'Data1', make this tabulated data into a new data table, and then save the new data as document 'Data2', here is my first high level stab at this and doesn't seem to work, any quick guidance?

dt = Open( "Data1.jmp", invisible );
(Data Table( "Data1" ) << tab = dt << Tabulate(
	Add Table(
		Column Table( Grouping Columns( :Code LLT ) ),
		Row Table( Grouping Columns( :CodeTypePrmaryAndDesc 3, :CodeTypePrmaryAndDesc 4 ) )
	)
));
dt_tab << Make Into Data Table
dt_tab << set name( "Tabulate" );

dt_tab << Save( "Data2.jmp" );
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: How do I script Tabulating a document and then saving that Tabulated data into a Data table on my hard drive?

Below is a working version modification of your code.  Given the issues in your original code, I suggest that you spend some time reading the JSL documentation:

Help==>Books==>Scripting Guide

Also, in the code below, in your Save() function, you do not specify a path to where you want to save the data.  You may need to specify a fully qualified path, in order to be able to save the table

tab = dt << Tabulate(
	Add Table(
		Row Table( Grouping Columns( :CodeTypePrmaryAndDesc 3, :CodeTypePrmaryAndDesc 4 ) )
	)
);
dt_tab = tab << Make Into Data Table;
Jim

View solution in original post

zjuv007
Level III

Re: How do I script Tabulating a document and then saving that Tabulated data into a Data table on my hard drive?

@txnelson I am still not seeing a data2.jmp created with the script below:

dt = Open( "C:\Users\juvelj1\Desktop\Data 2014-2019\Products_2014.jmp", invisible );
tab = dt << Tabulate(
	Add Table(
	)
);
dt_tab << Save( "C:\Users\juvelj1\Desktop\Data 2014-2019\Data2.jmp" );

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
txnelson
Super User

Below is a working version modification of your code.  Given the issues in your original code, I suggest that you spend some time reading the JSL documentation:

Help==>Books==>Scripting Guide

Also, in the code below, in your Save() function, you do not specify a path to where you want to save the data.  You may need to specify a fully qualified path, in order to be able to save the table

tab = dt << Tabulate(
	Add Table(
	)
);
Jim
zjuv007
Level III

@txnelson I am still not seeing a data2.jmp created with the script below:

dt = Open( "C:\Users\juvelj1\Desktop\Data 2014-2019\Products_2014.jmp", invisible );
tab = dt << Tabulate(
	Add Table(
	)
);
dt_tab << Save( "C:\Users\juvelj1\Desktop\Data 2014-2019\Data2.jmp" );
txnelson
Super User

What messages are in your JMP Log?

Jim
zjuv007
Level III

Clearing up my JMP code has resolved this issue and your modified code has worked.

Thanks Jim!