cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
peterrow
Level II

How do I save tabulated dashboards?

I have combined 3 reports into a dashboard as shown below.

peterrow_0-1671204756173.png

Unfortunately, if I save and re-open this dashboard the result is as follows.

peterrow_1-1671204929137.png

How can I stop the organisation in tabs coming undone after saving?  Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How do I save tabulated dashboards?

One limitation of Combine Windows is that it only creates VSplitter / HSplitter layouts, and does not have an option to tab the reports during combining.  So I am guessing that you rearranged the running dashboard to create the layout in the first picture?  What you are seeing is that changing the layout of a running dashboard currently does not change the dashboard script.  If you change the layout in the Dashboard Builder (either create directly in Dashboard Builder, or Combine Windows and then red-triangle > Edit Dashboard), then you can save from there and the layout will be preserved.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

One limitation of Combine Windows is that it only creates VSplitter / HSplitter layouts, and does not have an option to tab the reports during combining.  So I am guessing that you rearranged the running dashboard to create the layout in the first picture?  What you are seeing is that changing the layout of a running dashboard currently does not change the dashboard script.  If you change the layout in the Dashboard Builder (either create directly in Dashboard Builder, or Combine Windows and then red-triangle > Edit Dashboard), then you can save from there and the layout will be preserved.

peterrow
Level II

Thanks - I've solved this.  Your explanation was spot on and just a a little playing around to understand the dashboard editor was needed.