cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
lwx228
Level VIII

How do I open multiple JMPS in a batch file and run different JSL scripts separately?

I tried a *.bat file
Want to open multiple jmp.exe in a row.Each interval is 8 seconds.

"I:\00\jmp151\jmp.exe" D:\0\test1.jsl /runcscript
ping -n 8 127.0.0.1 > nul

"I:\00\jmp151\jmp.exe" D:\0\test2.jsl /runcscript

"I:\00\jmp151\jmp.exe" D:\0\test3.jsl /runcscript

"I:\00\jmp151\jmp.exe" D:\0\test4.jsl /runcscript
exit

2022-04-08_20-02-32.png
In reality, only one JMP can be opened.
However, making these four commands into four independent bat commands and executing these four BAT files respectively can run four JMP processes.

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
jthi
Super User

Re: How do I open multiple JMPS in a batch file and run different JSL scripts separately?

I think this has nothing to do with JMP but rather how commandline runs commands.

You could try using start (docs.microsoft.com) :

jthi_0-1649487913795.png

-Jarmo
lwx228
Level VIII

Re: How do I open multiple JMPS in a batch file and run different JSL scripts separately?

Thank jthi!

My computer runs this command every time it boots up.

All of these software can work properly.

start regedit.exe /s I:\00\1\UltraMouse.reg
start I:\00\1\UltraMouse.exe
start I:\00\1\ToggleQUICKPOINT.exe

ping -n 3 127.0.0.1 > nul
start I:\00\1\brilliancecontrol.exe
lwx228
Level VIII

It can work.

• Run four BAT commands in a BAT file.

start D:\bat1.bat

start D:\bat2.bat

start D:\bat3.bat

start D:\bat4.bat
exit

Craige_Hales
Super User

What I did for the Project file for Jelly Video  was make N shortcuts with a target value of

"C:\Program Files\SAS\JMP\16\jmp.exe" \\V1-PC\Users\v1\filedrop\monitor.jsl

and a start-in value of

"C:\Program Files\SAS\JMP\16"

Put them in the startup directory, https://www.howtogeek.com/208224/how-to-add-programs-files-and-folders-to-system-startup-in-windows-...

It looks like I originally made one shortcut for jmp.exe, added the command line value to run a .jmp file, then made copies. In my use-case, I was able to use the same .jmp file on all copies because each copy asks a coordinating program what it should be working on.

This launched separate JMPs on windows 10, as soon as windows starts up. It might take a minute to launch a bunch of JMPs.

set the values of a shortcut on windowsset the values of a shortcut on windows

Craige
lwx228
Level VIII

Thank Craige!

Adding the BAT command to the startup folder of the operating system can achieve a variety of functions.

I want to implement a command to start 4 JMP processes in a row.

The command to start four BAT processes according to one BAT file above can automatically start four JMP processes.

lwx228
Level VIII

你好克雷格!

同一个JSL可以通过多线程从同一个网站下载数据吗?

例如,这个站点有 300 万行数据。

同一个 JSL 是否可以同时分 3 个部分下载这些数据?

1-100万行、101-200万行、201-300万行三部分同时进行。

谢谢!

Craige_Hales
Super User

Yes, if you can specify the URLs for those parts, you can use 3 copies of JMP to download them in parallel. It's hard to know where the bottleneck will be when running multiple downloads; it could be your computer, your local router, your internet provider, a weak link like a slow satellite connection, or the remote server. Most web browsers restrict themselves to a few (10 or less?) parallel downloads of pictures. If the remote server is slow, running more in parallel can make it slower (paging, etc.)

I would not expect a dramatic improvement. Whatever makes it slow probably can't go faster trying to do 2 or 3 at once.

see @Audrey_Shull comment for JMP 17.

Craige