cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
dwaterson
Level III

How do I fill in blank cells in a column without creating a new column? For example, filling in blank cells with "NA".

I have a data set that collects information from a process. There are cases when the information is not typed into the collection interface that results in blanks for that data column. I would like to fill those blanks with "NA" so they appear in the distribution analysis. Is there a way to do this without creating a whole new column?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How do I fill in blank cells in a column without creating a new column? For example, filling in blank cells with "NA".

Hi dwaterson,

Try recoding the blanks to "NA" in place. Select the column in the data table, then choose Columns > Recode. It's self explanatory from there.

Cheers,

Jordan

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: How do I fill in blank cells in a column without creating a new column? For example, filling in blank cells with "NA".

Hi dwaterson,

Try recoding the blanks to "NA" in place. Select the column in the data table, then choose Columns > Recode. It's self explanatory from there.

Cheers,

Jordan