cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
caseylott
Level IV

How do I change the order of columns that are displayed in the hover label?

Hi all. It seems like this should be simple, but I can't figure out how to reorder columns in a hover label. In the attached image, for example, I'd like to reorder the columns to match the watershed hierarchy ...4, ...6, ...8, ...10, and then have the sqkm area value be last. This seems like it should be some kind of drag and drop operation, like the value ordering column property interface. I can't figure out how to do this using the bizarre "hover label editor" interface. 

Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

Casey Lott

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Byron_JMP
Staff

Re: How do I change the order of columns that are displayed in the hover label?

so, the hover labels show in the same order of the columns in the table,

From the columns box, (middle, on the left of the data grid) just put the columns in the order you want and the labels will follow, globally. 

If the levels in the columns aren't in the right order.  Go into Col Info, and Column properties, to add a Value Order property. You can custom sort, or keep them in the row order, along with a handful of other options.

JMP Systems Engineer, Health and Life Sciences (Pharma)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Byron_JMP
Staff

Re: How do I change the order of columns that are displayed in the hover label?

so, the hover labels show in the same order of the columns in the table,

From the columns box, (middle, on the left of the data grid) just put the columns in the order you want and the labels will follow, globally. 

If the levels in the columns aren't in the right order.  Go into Col Info, and Column properties, to add a Value Order property. You can custom sort, or keep them in the row order, along with a handful of other options.

JMP Systems Engineer, Health and Life Sciences (Pharma)