cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

How do I change the color of platform headings/titles?

Somehow I changed the color of the text/titles in my platform headings to white, and it's making everything hard to read. The image below is from the distributions platform. I've combed through the preferences menu, but can't find where I (accidentally) made this switch. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
txnelson
Super User

Re: How do I change the color of platform headings/titles?

the font and font color is set in the preferences
File>>Preferences
Jim

I'm sure that's the case, but I've looked through every option within there before posting, and I can't--for the life of me--find where to change the formatting of the actual platform headings. Do you know where that specific option is? 

Craige_Hales
Super User

Try going through each preference page and using the reset-to-defaults button. I'm not really expecting that to work because I don't think there is a preference for the color of the outline title font. But I might be overlooking it too.

Then...did you change a windows OS preference recently? Some dark-mode item?

Be sure and let us know if you figure it out.

Otherwise check in with tech support; they are really good at this kind of thing.

Craige

I know this is an old discussion, but someone stumbling on to it might want to know of the following way to set the platform heading text color, although it is not a preference, so it won't affect all reports.

In JMP 15, possibly earlier, right click on the gray triangle (disclosure icon) and choose Edit >Show Properties.    

John_Powell_JMP_1-1624470346280.png

You'll get a Properties panel on the right side that has a Text Color control. Click on it to choose a color.  

John_Powell_JMP_0-1624470044815.png

You can click on parts of the report and set the Text Color or other properties differently than the platform heading.

When you're done, close the Properties panel by clicking on the x to the right of the word "Properties".

It it doesn't help you @MichaelCallahan, I hope it will at least help someone else dropping by this discussion.

~John