cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
JC7
JC7
Level I

How do I automatically exclude rows including outliers as identified by the "Explore Outliers" function?

Hi there,

I am looking to replicate what I do manually in JSL script.

I know how to run the "Explore Outliers" function in JSL but I still have to manually select the rows with outliers identified by the "Explore Outliers" then press 'select rows' then press 'exclude'.

I am trying to build a script which I run and automatically excludes the outliers identified without me having to do anything else (ideally does not even open up the Explore Outliers window.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
txnelson
Super User

Re: How do I automatically exclude rows including outliers as identified by the "Explore Outliers" function?

You have made a very common error.  The first time you run 

el = Explore Outliers(

it is pointing to  the "dt" data table. However, by the time you go to run the second time, you have created a new data table "dtQuant", which is not the current data table as far as JMP knows.  And of course, it will not find outliers.  To fix this, all you need to do, is to force JMP to make sure it is pointing to the correct data table.

el = dt << Explore Outliers(

On another topic, using "j" as a variable name can sometimes run one into issues.  JMP has a function called j.  Even though you can have a variable called j, it can make reading the code confusing.

Jim