cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
jcurry
Level I

How can JMP calculate a weighted median?

I have a survey data set with 35000 observations that includes a population weight to estimate the total U.S.  I'm not a SAS expert and I need to calculate weighted median as well as weighted quantiles. I have the weight data tagged with the weight role, but that seems to only apply to weighted averages.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ms
Super User (Alumni) ms
Super User (Alumni)

Re: How can JMP calculate a weighted median?

Try the frequency role in the distribution platform. At least with integer weights JMP gives quantiles that appears to be adequately weighted, at least they seem to be intuitively right. Fraction weights works too, but I don't know how JMP uses them in the quantile calculations.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ms
Super User (Alumni) ms
Super User (Alumni)

Try the frequency role in the distribution platform. At least with integer weights JMP gives quantiles that appears to be adequately weighted, at least they seem to be intuitively right. Fraction weights works too, but I don't know how JMP uses them in the quantile calculations.

jcurry
Level I

Thanks MS...this did exactly what I needed.