cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

How can I make a graph from data in multiple data tables without physically joining the tables?

I have 2+ data tables with the same columns and I want to produce a graph using all the tables. Previously, I have concatenated them and used the resulting table however this produces lots of extra tables. Is there a way to essentially concatenate them without physically creating a new table?

( Also, want to automate this process if possible.)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jthi
Super User

Re: How can I make a graph from data in multiple data tables without physically joining the tables?

@MedianRooster10 wrote:
Previously, I have concatenated them and used the resulting table however this produces lots of extra tables

There should be no need to create any extra tables. You can append them together and close the tables you don't need (you should end up with just one data table).

jthi_0-1697185025866.png

-Jarmo

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jthi
Super User

Re: How can I make a graph from data in multiple data tables without physically joining the tables?

@MedianRooster10 wrote:
Previously, I have concatenated them and used the resulting table however this produces lots of extra tables

There should be no need to create any extra tables. You can append them together and close the tables you don't need (you should end up with just one data table).

jthi_0-1697185025866.png

-Jarmo

Thank you for your reply, however I would like to keep the original table as is.

I analyse table A to produce some graphs then would like to combine with table B to produce a different set of graphs. I may want to go back to table A to do some more analysis.

Is there an alternative way to what you have suggested?

jthi
Super User

During first concatenation create new table and concatenate rest of data to that (this way you keep table 1 as it was and rest will be concatenated to the new table just created). Also if you leave Source column to your table, you can use Data filters to exclude other tables from the data.

-Jarmo