cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
paulp
Level III

Graph builder - turn off multiple confidence intervals

Hello, in Graph builder - is it possible to simultaneously turn off multiple confidence intervals when a Fit Line has been applied?  I changed the Smoother to Line of Fit, and the confidence intervals are added by default.

1. There's nowhere in Preferences I could find to turn it off. Ideally, would like to set this as a preference.

2. In the sidebar menu - holding down <CONTROL> while clicking off one interval didn't propagate to all other intervals. At least not the way I tried it. 

Thank you.

paulp_0-1683741508168.png  

paulp_2-1683741709400.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Graph builder - turn off multiple confidence intervals

@paulp -

2. In the sidebar menu - holding down <CONTROL> while clicking off one interval didn't propagate to all other intervals. At least not the way I tried it. 

Instead of CTRL clicking on the sidebar menu with the Fit checkbox, you can CTRL click in the Graph, hover over Line of Fit, and Deselect "Fit". I am using JMP 17.1 and this broadcasts the change across all the graphs.

scott_allen_0-1683923800404.png

-Scott

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I don't see this as an option in preferences either. I also could not get the typical broadcast command (holding CTRL and checking an option) to work either.

So, the only thing I can suggest is to create ONE scatterplot, add the regression line and turn off the confidence curves. THEN add all of your other variables to the graph. The subsequent graphs will have the same options as your first one.

Maybe others will have better options.

Dan Obermiller
paulp
Level III

Thank you, Dan.  I requested this enhancement for a future release.  regards, Paul

@paulp -

Instead of CTRL clicking on the sidebar menu with the Fit checkbox, you can CTRL click in the Graph, hover over Line of Fit, and Deselect "Fit". I am using JMP 17.1 and this broadcasts the change across all the graphs.

scott_allen_0-1683923800404.png

-Scott
paulp
Level III

Thank you, Scott, that worked perfectly.  As an aside, JMP Help said they will be putting (returning?) the functionality into the sidebar menu.  If I'm reading their reply correctly, seems this used to work, but maybe got inadvertently dropped in some recent releases.

As a nitpick, I had looked previously at performing the steps you showed.  To me, it read as dropping the "Fit", which I read as the Line of Fit.  Maybe if it had been labeled as "Fit Interval", I would have understood that it would not erase the Fit Line, but the CI around the Fit Line.

Thanks again for investigating this.  JMP Community is remarkably helpful. Regards, Paul