cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
jheadley
Level I

Graph builder syntax JMP15 vs 14

OK so I have this snippet of code that behaves very differently in JMP14 vs JMP15.  The JMP 14 picture is the one I want it to look like.  Why is it different in JMP15??

JMP 15 output - bad - axes are flipped, data is missing, etc.

JMP 15 - no good!!JMP 15 - no good!!

JMP14 output - this is what I expect.

JMP 14 - yes, pleaseJMP 14 - yes, please

Chart(
	Y( :calc_st_dr, :calc_st_dr Prediction Formula ),
	Horizontal( 1 ),
	Category Axis << {Axis Name( "Rows" )},
	Label by Value,
	Show Labels,
	Bar Chart( 1 ),
	SendToReport(
		Dispatch(
			{},
			"Chart",
			OutlineBox,
			{Set Title( "calc_st_dr Prediction Formula" )}
		)
	)
);
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Graph builder syntax JMP15 vs 14

JMP 15 took a transition step away from some of the Legacy graph, into a new world where Graph Builder generates all of the graphs. You can change your JMP 15 Chart back to using the legacy form of the Chart Platform, by going to
File=>Preferences=>Platforms=>Chart
and unchecking the "Use Graph Builder"

uncheck.PNG

Jim

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
txnelson
Super User

JMP 15 took a transition step away from some of the Legacy graph, into a new world where Graph Builder generates all of the graphs. You can change your JMP 15 Chart back to using the legacy form of the Chart Platform, by going to
File=>Preferences=>Platforms=>Chart
and unchecking the "Use Graph Builder"

uncheck.PNG

Jim
jheadley
Level I

Thanks, that did the trick. I wonder if they plan to do away with it altogether? I could not find out a way to make the same plot from the graph builder easily. I tried to do it by hand before I wrote up the topic here.
txnelson
Super User

Yes, they do plan on getting rid of it. The legacy Chart platform exists in JMP 16, but with Chart being depleted in importance, it is going to be gone sometime.
Jim
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

As @txnelson, the legacy Chart platform is deprecated will go away in a future release.

JMP is trying to interpret your Chart() JSL to give you the same kind of graph using Graph Builder but it clearly missed the mark here. @XanGregg can look at this and see if we can do a better conversion to Graph Builder() with the Chart() syntax you were using.

In the meantime, I think you can make the graph you're looking for in Graph Builder. 

• Drag your categorical variable (Rows in your example) to the Y axis.
  • Drag your two columns to be plotted as bars (calc_st_dr and calc_st_dr Prediction Formula) to the X axis.
  • Change to a bar chart by clicking on the bar chart element in the elements bar2021-05-26_19-29-36.832.png
  • On the left side, in the Bar options, turn on the label by value.
    2021-05-26_19-33-03.112.png

You should end up with a graph that looks like this (with Big Class):

2021-05-26_19-35-25.493.png

-Jeff