cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
bhosse0
Level II

Graph Builder with large data tables

I am using graph builder with a large data table to plot part performance using variables X and Y to create individual plots for each part.  The data table is: ~824 KB, ~14.5M rows, containing data for 726 different parts.  Each part has ~20k data points that are used to generate each plot. Using the below Graph Builder script yields plots for ~100 individual parts. 

Graph Builder(

Size( 570, 50000 ),

Variables( X( :X ), Y( :Y ), Page( Part# ) ),

Elements( Line( X, Y, Legend( 9 ) ) )

);

I was expecting to get a graph for all 726 individual parts.  Is there a data table size limit for Graph Builder?

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
txnelson
Super User

Re: Graph Builder with large data tables

I am not aware of the limitation you are asking about.  However, I will offer you another option to try, that may just give you what you need, as a work around:

Bivariate(

Y( :Y),

X( :X ),

Fit Each Value( {Line Color( {213, 72, 87} )} ),

By( :Part# )

);

Jim
bhosse0
Level II

The bivatiate method does work, though it did take a while to create all the graphs.  It looks like this could be a memory issue for my computer.  I had to run the bivariate script on a computer with higher memory and the script ran slow but did generate all the plots.  However, the Gaph Builder method did not work.

Thank you!

XanGregg
Staff

There is a limit to 100 page levels. You should be able to use "By" or "Group Y" instead of "Page" -- they have less overhead and no fixed limit.

jpol
Level IV

Hi,

I too have a need to be able to plot over 100 wafer maps and have come across this same 100 page limitation.

Neither bivariate plots nor contour plots give me the same quality wafer map which results from Graph Builder.

Is there any workaround? How about version 13? Will it also be limited to 100 pages?

Best Regards,

Philip

txnelson
Super User

Philip,

If you used the Tables==>Split on your data table, and split the columns that you are currently using for your Graph Builder you could effectively double the number of pages available.  And if you put the 2 separate Graph Builder platform executions into the same Display window, you would have a nice combined report.

Jim