cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
anne_sa
Level VI

Graph Builder - Pie chart: display simultaneously label by row and label by percent of total values

Hello everybody,

I would like to know if it feasible to display two kind of labels on Pie Chart? Instead of choosing between "Percent of Total Values" and "By row" (in association with a Label column) I would like to display these two information simultaneously.

Any idea of how we can do that?

Many thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
Thierry_S
Super User

Re: Graph Builder - Pie chart: display simultaneously label by row and label by percent of total values

Hi Anne,

You may have already thought of the workaround but have you considered creating a composite of the Label and Percent of Total like shown below.

Thierry_S_0-1625774020481.png

If it is something that could be useful to you, here simple table with 2 extra columns to generate the composite labels: you'll see that the formulas are quite simple.

Best,

TS

Thierry R. Sornasse
anne_sa
Level VI

Re: Graph Builder - Pie chart: display simultaneously label by row and label by percent of total values

Tahnks a lot@Thierry_S for this nice workaround.

I just would like to go one step further, if possible, and be able to use the Local Data Filter. Would be possible to adapt your formula so that the percentage are recalculated based on the current selection?

Thierry_S
Super User

Hi Anne,

This is a much more complicated problem that I'm not sure how to tackle because of he dynamic nature of the operation. Maybe others will have an insight.
Best,
TS
Thierry R. Sornasse