cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
ehchandlerjr
Level V

Graph Builder - Formula button not working

Hello - Feeling a bit silly here. I've never actually gotten the function button in graph builder to work, but now I need it to. I've input a formula into a column, the column fills with no error, and I plot the column (predicted ionization energy) in graph builder against x, click function button at the top, and nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? I put a script in the top left to see exactly what I did.

Thanks!

Edward Hamer Chandler, Jr.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ehchandlerjr
Level V

Re: Graph Builder - Formula button not working

I believe I've figured it out. I think its that I had other columns in my formula, and since graph builder is set up as a y by x setup, any change in the other columns couldn't be accurately represented, so it just doesn't plot it. Would be cool if it had a slider for the other variables not in the x-axis though.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ehchandlerjr
Level V

Re: Graph Builder - Formula button not working

I believe I've figured it out. I think its that I had other columns in my formula, and since graph builder is set up as a y by x setup, any change in the other columns couldn't be accurately represented, so it just doesn't plot it. Would be cool if it had a slider for the other variables not in the x-axis though.