cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
terapin
Level VI

Graph Builder: Add 1:1 Line

Does anyone know how to add a 1:1 line to Graph Builder?  In the platform Fit Y by X there was a way to both fit the displayed data and show a 1:1 line.  I can't find how to do that in GB.  Thanks.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Graph Builder: Add 1:1 Line

1. Right-click on the canvas and select Customize.
  2. Click Add.
  3. Click Template and select Y Function.
  4. Change the function arguments to ( x, x ).
  5. Click OK.

View solution in original post

Thank you for the answer. I have a question on how to label that line in the graph. How do you do it?

How to change the properties of the lines i.e. make it thicker, make it dotted, etc.? 

Thank you. :D

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

1. Right-click on the canvas and select Customize.
  2. Click Add.
  3. Click Template and select Y Function.
  4. Change the function arguments to ( x, x ).
  5. Click OK.
terapin
Level VI

Dang Mark,

That's a sweet solution.  I've never drilled around that part of GB before and I now see lots of other capabilities I can add to my graphs.  Thanks for sharing the tip.

In fact, the templates are just a convenience for new users. You can enter any graphics script you want and it will be evaluated by the frame box that is used for the canvas in Graph Builder.

The Customize command works in all of the frame box objects that are used to make plots in JMP...

gridge
Level II

Can you add a reference line like this in graph builder based on an equation? I have tried this but get an error. Y Function(y=350E^(-0.01*x));

You are missing the second argument that indicates the independent variable (x) in the formula. The first argument should be the valid expression for the function computation, not an equation.

It should look like this:

Y Function( 350*Exp(-0.01*x), x );

Thank you for the answer. I have a question on how to label that line in the graph. How do you do it?

How to change the properties of the lines i.e. make it thicker, make it dotted, etc.? 

Thank you. :D

txnelson
Super User

You should look in the Scripting Index under the Graphics() category.  There you will find Text(), Pen Size() etc.

Help==>Scripting Index

There is also examples and documentation in the Scripting Guide

Help==>JMP Documentation Library==>Scripting Guide

Scripting Graphs

Jim

You can interactively change some of these characteristics by right-clicking in the plot frame and select Customize. The elements are listed on the left. For example, select a Line element and then the properties, for example thickness and color, appear on the right side where they can be changed.

JeffO
Level II

How about to put a slope limit for example +-3%. How can I do that?