cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
terapin
Level VI

GB Set Wrap for Y Axis Not Working Properly

I'm using GraphBuilder and want to modify the width of horizontally rotated Y Axis variable names. While I can Rotate Text in GB, changing the Set Wrap.... parameter doesn't appear to work as I expect it to. To demonstrate,

I opened Big Class data table and changed height and weight column names to the following:
"height column name that has been made longer"
"weight column name that has been made longer"

The following GB script is the result of a simple graph I created to illustrate the issue. While in GB the Set Wrap... parameter was set to 100 and the Extend this to other text boxes switch was selected. This parameter change isn't reflected in the resultant script and selecting any value less than 100 has no impact of width of Y Axis variable names.

Graph Builder(
Size( 1408, 513 ),
Show Control Panel( 0 ),
Graph Spacing( 3 ),
Variables(
X( :age ),
Y( :height column name that has been made longer ),
Y( :weight column name that has been made longer )
),
Elements( Position( 1, 1 ), Points( X, Y, Legend( 4 ) ) ),
Elements( Position( 1, 2 ), Points( X, Y, Legend( 5 ) ) ),
SendToReport(
Dispatch( {}, "Y title", TextEditBox, {Rotate Text( "Horizontal" ) } ),
Dispatch( {}, "Y 1 title", TextEditBox, {Rotate Text( "Horizontal" ) } )
)
);

So, I'm wondering if this is a bug or if this is expected behavior?

Also, I'm curious if there is way to force word wrapping in the JSL GB code. I've tried the following and was unable to affect any change in the behavior of the Y axis word wrapping

Graph Builder(
Size( 1408, 513 ),
Show Control Panel( 0 ),
Graph Spacing( 3 ),
Variables(
X( :age ),
Y( :height column name that has been made longer ),
Y( :weight column name that has been made longer )
),
Elements( Position( 1, 1 ), Points( X, Y, Legend( 4 ) ) ),
Elements( Position( 1, 2 ), Points( X, Y, Legend( 5 ) ) ),
SendToReport(
Dispatch( {}, "Y title", TextEditBox, {Rotate Text( "Horizontal" ), Set Wrap (50) } ),
Dispatch( {}, "Y 1 title", TextEditBox, {Rotate Text( "Horizontal" ), Set Wrap (50) } )
)
);
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sseligman
Staff

Re: GB Set Wrap for Y Axis Not Working Properly

Hi terapin. The fact that the Set Wrap functionality in Graph Builder doesn't work as you expect is a bug. Our developers are aware of the issue and aim to address it in a future release. We apologize for the inconvenience.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
sseligman
Staff

Re: GB Set Wrap for Y Axis Not Working Properly

Hi terapin. The fact that the Set Wrap functionality in Graph Builder doesn't work as you expect is a bug. Our developers are aware of the issue and aim to address it in a future release. We apologize for the inconvenience.