cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
M0gAl0g
Level I

Fit Spline By Group: Save Spline Coefficients to Column?

Hi all--having an issue.  I am using Fit Y by X to fit 5,000 separate regressions.  I hold control, select red drop-down arrow, and Fit->Flexible, Fit->Spline and select, say, 0.1.   This fits a spline to all 5,000 graphs with lambda of 0.1.  I have 28 X values in each of 5,000 graphs, and I understand there are 4 different spline coefficients (A, B, C, D). 

I understand if I just had 1 regression, I could select "Save Coefficients" and a nifty Bx5 matrix, (where B is a subset of my X values) table will pop out with each row as an B value and columns 2-5 as the values of my spline function, for each discrete value of B.  

However, when I do this fitting "By Group" with 5,000 regressions, I get 5,000 of these tables as outputs!   I would like a way to either:

1) Get 1 table that contains all of the knot spline function values for all values of B (ie  for all "By: Groups" (instead of 5000 separate tables)

Or:

2) Be able to get Spline value A from spline function as its own column in the original datatable, get Spline value B from spline function as its own column in original datatable, etc. where spline values A, B, C, D pertain to the correct discrete B value and the correct By: Group

I know if I just I hit Ctrl and "Save Predicteds" after Fit Y by X, there will be a column saved to the original datatable with ~5000 formulas (JMP says "Huge formula with 5000 items).   It is a conditional formula that looks for the By: Group, then does Spline Eval(X, [28x5]) for each group.   Is there a way I can use this script and do find/replace to extract the Spline Coefficient?  Maybe there is some unique JSL thing to do?  How do I get these darn coefficients???

I also understand there is a Spline Coef(x, y, lambda) thing in JSL but I don't understand jsl syntax at all and am dimwitted in programming, in general.  

Thanks for any advice and your time.

0 REPLIES 0