Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
claude_bellavan
Level III

Filemaker and SQL Query

Hello,

Since the introduction of the SQL Query builder, I tried many times to use this tool without success. So I use the old way (open database) which force me to build manually the SQL queries. Now that we can mix external databases and JMP tables, I'd like to give a second chance to Query builder. It still doesn't work. The error message :

The connexions with the Database works fine (I made an update script and I used it without problems for few months).

SQLSTATE=42000 means synthax error. But it is Query Builder who wrote the SQL Query...

Any idea?

Thanks,

Claude B.

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Filemaker and SQL Query

Greetings @woz_s - looking back through the history of this issue, i see a couple of things to share:
- the Filemaker Pro scenario mentioned in the original post was specially handled. The semicolon is not actually removed from the generated SQL, but the semicolon is stripped "under the covers" before submission to a Filemaker Pro database.

- i see an existing request for the preference/checkbox mentioned here, but it has not been implemented yet. I bumped it up and mentioned Presto as another database that isn't working with the current implementation. I hope it can be handled in a future release.

For now, the workaround you have found to remove the semicolon is the best solution i can offer.