cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Burger
Level I

Extract Data from a Fit Model Regression

I have created a model for Life Expectancy and several variables that impact it.  This has been grouped by state.  Is there a way for me to extract the data rows from each state within the model?  I need to find how many males and females are in each model.

2 REPLIES 2
SDF1
Super User

Re: Extract Data from a Fit Model Regression

Hi @Burger ,

In principle, yes you can do this by writing JSL code to go through the report window that has all your fits and pulling out whatever data you want. You'll need to review the tree structure of your report in order to code the script correctly. But, without specifics of exactly what your report window looks like, it's hard to provide examples or suggestions.

Another way, again depending on how your report window is setup, you can right click in a table output and select "Make Combined Data Table". Give it a try with the Big Class example data table in JMP. If you do a fit Y by X with weight and height as the Y and X, and then cast "sex" as the By variable, you'll get two graphs. If you fit a line to the data (for both graphs), you'll get some output for the fits. You can then right click the table for Parameter Estimates (for example), and select the combined data table, and it will make a new data table with the parameter estimates for each fit. This might be easier than writing the code, but it really depends on how your output is formatted and what you are trying to extract.

Hope this helps!,

DS

Re: Extract Data from a Fit Model Regression

I have a different take on your request. The Tabulate platform is designed to produce a summary like you are asking about. See the help for this platform here.