Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Stephen2020
Level II

Export/Extract Line Equations to make Graphics outside JMP

Hi all,

I need to make some graphics for a paper, specifically I need to plot interactions from a mixed model that I have run.

I know how to save the conditional prediction formula, what I need to know is how to simplify that equation so I can create a plottable line in Matlab (where I intend to make my final figures). 

What I want is the equation from the lines that I get in the profiler (see attached image). Ultimately I will be plotting them on the same graph with the data points as well. I understand that all the coefficients are in the report and I could manually build the equation to plot the line, I'm just unsure how to combine the coefficients to get the right line. 

For example: I have individuals nested within species, but if I just want the line for species do I ignore the coefficients for individuals? (I notice that all the individual coefficients within species add to zero)

Similarly: If I want to plot the species interaction with maximum overall curvature do I just ignore any coefficients that have mean active duration (see image).

Lastly, is there an easier way to get publication quality graphs out of JMP itself. I have been using the graph builder, but I don't think the lines I get through graph builder are the same ones that the model generates.

Thanks,

Stephen

3 REPLIES 3
vince_faller
Super User (Alumni)

Re: Export/Extract Line Equations to make Graphics outside JMP

What about the profiler is not publication quality?  It's format?  Any reason you're trying to duplicate something?  

Vince Faller - Predictum
Stephen2020
Level II

The profiler in the model report doesn't have the data points on it, and it doesn't have both lines for the interaction on it. I have to click on the species I'm interested in to switch to that line.

ih
Super User (Alumni) ih
Super User (Alumni)

If you save model predictions as column formulas you can draw them using the formulas in graph builder.  You can add as many graph elements as you want and choose which variables are used in each from the menus to the left of the graph builder.  I suspect that you will find graph builder can produce everything you are looking for.

ih_0-1631653265455.png