Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
ew_jmp
Level I

Embedding CSV data into Project

Hi all.

I'm wondering if I can import a CSV (or multiple) directly into a Project without that CSV being saved as a separate *.jmp file as well, so the Project would behave like a container -- it doesn't have to be a Project, I'm just looking for something where JMP can let me keep track of a single file. I'm quite novice at this, so my workflow is generally opening parametric data in the form of CSVs and picking/poking around with graph-builder.

I Googled and found this, which appears to be similar:

https://community.jmp.com/t5/Discussions/How-to-embed-application-scripts-and-data-tables-in-a-packa...

However, that person's requirements are a bit more involved than mine, and a quick look says creating an Application is hitting my query with a pretty big hammer.

Thanks in advanced for all help and apologize if my Google-fu failed me here and it's been asked a million times before.

1 REPLY 1
txnelson
Super User

Re: Embedding CSV data into Project

If you use a JMP Project, you can Bookmark your .csv files.  Your project will then be able to get to that file whenever it is opened.  And....if you archive the project, the archive file that is created will contain a copy of the .csv file, so that whenever the project is opened from the archive file, it will have an unchanged version of the .csv file

Jim