cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
mvanderaa1
Level IV

DoE disallowed combination script/filter not working as expected

Hi, I keep getting runs in my design that should be restricted by my disallowed combination script. Or perhaps I'm not understanding the syntax. I have tried it both using the filter and as a script.

An example where the combination of S2S==5.8 & L2L>4 is not allowed, yet I get multiple runs that do not conform to that restriction (run 4, 5, 10). I attached the script for the design as well.

run 4_5_10 not allowed.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: DoE disallowed combination script/filter not working as expected

It happens sometimes with the numeric representation that 5.8 isn't "exactly" 5.8 when being checked by the designer. 

If you replace S2S == 5.8 in the disallowed combination with a "fuzzy equals", like Abs( S2S - 5.8 ) < 0.001, it should work as expected.

We eventually hope to add checks internally to watch out for cases like this.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I was able to reproduce the problem, even after I removed the unnecessary L2L <= 5.5 comparison. I suggest contacting JMP Technical Support (support@jmp.com) about this problem. Please reply here with their answer.

It happens sometimes with the numeric representation that 5.8 isn't "exactly" 5.8 when being checked by the designer. 

If you replace S2S == 5.8 in the disallowed combination with a "fuzzy equals", like Abs( S2S - 5.8 ) < 0.001, it should work as expected.

We eventually hope to add checks internally to watch out for cases like this.

mvanderaa1
Level IV

This seems to do the trick, thanks