cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
fxf
fxf
Level I

Database connection setup for a JMP project where the html will run in another network

Dear all,

Something I would like to explore but I am not understanding very well is how I could handle the database connection configuration when moving the JMP published html between networks.

It is tricky because I use JMP in a network and I want to setup and deploy the web page to work in another network. So I don’t have access to the production server connection/configuration while using JMP.

Can I change the connection string later in the html files?

Thanks for the help!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Database connection setup for a JMP project where the html will run in another network

Hi fxf,

I would need more information to understand your issue.  JMP HTML5 output does not embed any database information in the report.  That is, it does not have knowledge to refresh itself. The data is embedded within the report, and is not changed.

On the other hand, Query Builder output does contain connection information.  It is possible, if careful, to change connection strings in the script for the Query to connect on a production server.  It is also possible, if you have the same ODBC DSN name and connection information on the two systems, to use the output as is.

Finally, HTML5 output to JMP Live is another matter entirely.  But, I'm not getting from your note that you are using JMP Live.

Could you provide more information as to  your workflow?

Thanks,

Brian Corcoran

JMP Development

fxf
fxf
Level I

Re: Database connection setup for a JMP project where the html will run in another network

Thanks Brian.

I have the standard JMP.

I understand from your comment that the published html file does not refresh or update the data from the database.

If that is correct then I guess I will not be able to do a dashboard as intended.

So my only option would be using JMP live? I will look for more information on it.

Thanks

fxf

Hi fxf,

For JMP Live, you would publish new data from a JMP client to an existing report.  You would not republish the report, but JMP Live would recalculate the graphic and statistics on the website.  We are looking at the possibility of doing a server-side data refresh for a future version.

Brian