Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Fionabelief
Level I

Data analysis from graph builder?

Hi Jonas,

@Jonas_Rinne Could you help me with the following problem?

For example, I have a diagram as below in Graph builder. Is there any possibility that I select some of the data and run some statistical analysis? How could I let JMP tell me whether the data for x=0 is significantly (with maybe p<0.01 or any confidence) higher than the data for x=2?

Fionabelief_0-1661764845801.png

Thank you so much for the help!

Best regards,

FG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Data analysis from grpah builder?

Hi Fiona,

thank you for your question. Here is what I would recommend:

You can perform statistical tests with the fit Y by X platform under Analyze -> Fit Y by X. 

Drag and drop your continuous variable into the Y field and your categorical one in the X field. JMP will automatically select the one way analysis.  

In case you want to look at specific groups like you showed in you picture, you can apply a local data filter under the red triangle -> local data filter, select the categorical variable and filter out the groups you do not want to be included in you analysis (press control and click on the groups you want to look at).

When this is done you can look into the red triangle of the one way analysis and select the test you want to perform, like a t-test or non parametric tests.

When you need further help, just let me know. 

Best,

Jonas 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Fiona,

thank you for your question. Here is what I would recommend:

You can perform statistical tests with the fit Y by X platform under Analyze -> Fit Y by X. 

Drag and drop your continuous variable into the Y field and your categorical one in the X field. JMP will automatically select the one way analysis.  

In case you want to look at specific groups like you showed in you picture, you can apply a local data filter under the red triangle -> local data filter, select the categorical variable and filter out the groups you do not want to be included in you analysis (press control and click on the groups you want to look at).

When this is done you can look into the red triangle of the one way analysis and select the test you want to perform, like a t-test or non parametric tests.

When you need further help, just let me know. 

Best,

Jonas 

Fionabelief
Level I

Dear Jonas,

Thank you so much for the explaination!

Cheers,

Fiona