cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
tahirawan11
Level I

DOE L18 Design matrix

Hi,

I am running a Screening Design of experiment to identify the key factors affecting the output variable. The DOE includes 7 factors. Out of which 6 factors have 2 levels and 1 factor has 3 level. JMP is suggesting the L18 Hunter design matrix. But if I review the design matrix two of the runs (15 & 17, 16 & 18 in attached picture) have the same factor settings. Can you suggest why this is the case?

/Tahir

2 REPLIES 2

Re: DOE L18 Design matrix

Hi Tahir,

It's just the way that it happens to pick the first 3-level column. In this case, Fit Model would use those 2 replicates for lack of fit. 

Another option is to add an additional 3-level factor, create the design, and drop the first 3-level column, using the second instead (this design shouldn't have any replicates).

Yet another choice is to bring the same factors into Custom Design, which may give you a different design structure.

Hope that helps,

Ryan

tahirawan11
Level I

Re: DOE L18 Design matrix

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the explanation but is it correct to say that even if i run the DOE with original settings, my analysis will still be valid and the main factors identified will be the significant factors?

/Tahir