cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Creating a 90.5% Confidence Interval for a Specific Category in JMP

Hello JMP Community,

I hope you're all doing well. I'm currently working on a task where I need to create a 90.5% confidence interval for the variable "Gender" using "Female" as the desired response (i.e., Success) of interest. I'm using JMP Pro, and I've managed to create a bar chart and frequency table for the Gender variable. However, I'm having trouble specifying "Female" as the response level of interest for the confidence interval.

Here's what I've done so far:

1. I loaded my dataset in JMP Pro.
  2. I went to Analyze -> Distribution.
  3. I put "Gender" into the Y column.
  4. I set the bar chart to a horizontal layout and displayed the counts above the bars.

Now, I need to:

1. Create a 90.5% confidence interval for the "Gender" variable with "Female" as the desired response.

I know how to access the confidence interval options by clicking the red triangle next to the "Gender" variable, but I'm not sure how to set "Female" specifically as the response level of interest.

Could someone guide me on how to:

1. Specify "Female" as the desired response for the confidence interval.
  2. Configure the display to show counts or percents above the bars if it's not already done correctly.

Any help, including step-by-step instructions or a relevant tutorial, would be greatly appreciated!

This is the task word for word bc maybe i misinterpret "Create a 90.5% Confidence Interval for the variable Gender using "Female" as the desired response (i.e. Success) of interest. The bar chart must be in the Horizontal Layout (Display Options) and include the values (either Show Counts or Show Percents) above the bars."

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Creating a 90.5% Confidence Interval for a Specific Category in JMP

Under the red triangle select Local Data Filter, and then using Gender as the filter column, select the females.

Jim

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
txnelson
Super User

Under the red triangle select Local Data Filter, and then using Gender as the filter column, select the females.

Jim

Thank you so much you are a super user. I hope good things come your way