cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
yiyichu
Level I

Could Screening design used for 1 continuous factor, 7 other categorical factors, and 1 categorical response?

I would like to evaluate the influence of 8 factors on the response. There are 1 continuous factor, 7 other categorical factors, and 1 categorical response, and 2 of the categorical factors have 4 levels, one of the categorical factors has 8 levels. Can we use the classic screening design method to design experiments?

We want to know the most influential factors among the 8 factors, where we could analyze the screening experimental results? When we add more than 6 factors or the levels of factors exceed 3, the "Screening" tab disappeared where we cannot analyze the screening design results. What are the problems? Does that mean the classical screening design cannot be used in this case? Or we should analyze the screening design results separately? 

Thanks.

31 REPLIES 31
yiyichu
Level I

Re: Could Screening design used for 1 continuous factor, 7 other categorical factors, and 1 categorical response?

@statman Thank you for the suggestions. 

I tried to find these plots, including Daniel plots (normal plots), Pareto plots of effects and possibly Bayes plots, but it seems they are under the "Effect Screening", and only available if you use "Standard Least Squares" as the "Personality", which means the response should be continuous. There is no such choice if I chose the "Generalized Linear Model" with the "Binomial" response. Am I wrong, or do I need to find this somewhere else? 

statman
Super User

Re: Could Screening design used for 1 continuous factor, 7 other categorical factors, and 1 categorical response?

Yes, you are correct...sorry for missing that the response was binary. I really suggest you create a better response variable (see previous note).
"All models are wrong, some are useful" G.E.P. Box