Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
UserID16644
Level V

Combine stacked tables

hi all,

I have stacked a table 12 times. Now I want to combine all the tables into one file. Is it possible? I tried concatenate but other columns where not being included. Is there any other ways to do this? Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
txnelson
Super User

Re: Combine stacked tables

I do not understand what you mean when you say " I tried concatenate but other columns where not being included".  I am also confused as to why you would have to stacked a table 12 different times.

Would it be possible if you could provide more specifics on the steps you are taking, and what your desired results are?

Jim
UserID16644
Level V

I stacked the table 12 times because I needed to get 12 different parameter values. Then I need it all to be combined in one table

txnelson
Super User

If you do 12 stacks and create 12 new tables, by default, you will have columns called Label and Data in each of the 12 data tables.  If you concatenate all 12 data tables, JMP will effectively stack those 2 columns on top of each other in the new table.  It sounds like that is not what you want.  What is the result you want?

Jim
UserID16644
Level V

I renamed the Label and Data per table according to the parameters needed. However, when I concatenate those data tables, so many blanks cells were added because of the different column name. I think concatenate is not the appropriate thing to use. I just wanted all the columns to be in one file, without blanks cells because it affects my bivariate plot.

txnelson
Super User

Then you may want to use Update, or Join, if there are justifications on which rows for the different tables are related to each other.

Jim