cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Ressel
Level VI

Blinking horizontal bar in JMP journals

When I work in JMP journals, ever since the upgrade to JMP 16 I see a blinking, horizontal bar at the top of every journal. This is extremely distracting and highly frustrating. Is there any way to turn this off? I have copied a screenshot in below that shows where this bar is blinking. (Today is one of these days where I'd say it is unbearable to work with JMP journals if this blinking doesn't stop...)

Ressel_0-1623920138831.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XanGregg
Staff

Re: Blinking horizontal bar in JMP journals

Yes, it's a blinking cursor telling you where a Paste or typing text will go, and you can move it around with the arrow keys. To alleviate the annoyingness, in JMP 16.1 it won't start blinking until the first arrow key usage.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Craige_Hales
Super User

Locking the journal, or clicking another window seems to make it stop. I think it is supposed to be like a blinking cursor, maybe showing an insertion point, but I'm not sure how to use it. @XanGregg 

Craige
XanGregg
Staff

Yes, it's a blinking cursor telling you where a Paste or typing text will go, and you can move it around with the arrow keys. To alleviate the annoyingness, in JMP 16.1 it won't start blinking until the first arrow key usage.

Ressel
Level VI

Thanks, much appreciated. Something's wrong with the forum. Can't give Kudos or accept solutions using Google Chrome, only IE, which I try to avoid.