cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
rbesser
Level II

Benchmark lines in histograms

I would like to have horizontal lines across a histogram.  For example if I have a histogram with total nitrates I would like to insert a horizontal line for minimal departure from normal and a line for major departure from normal.  thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Benchmark lines in histograms

Here is an example using JMP 14.  Axis settings is not restricted to JMP Pro

If you create a histogram using either the Distribution Platform, or Graph Builder, right click on the axis and select "Axis Settings"

ref1a.PNG

refb.PNG

A dialog box will come up where you can enter Reference Line specifications

ref2 a.PNG

ref2 b.PNG

Fill out the information you want to be displayed and then click on OK, and you will get the reference lines displayed on the graph

ref3.PNG

Jim

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
txnelson
Super User

Right click on the axis that you want the lines added to, and then in the dialog box that appears, add the reference lines you want.

Jim
rbesser
Level II

I don't get a dialog box when I right click on the axis, just a drop down menu with options of swap, remove font, etc. This is JMP 14 I forgot to mention. thanks
rbesser
Level II

This is using JMP
txnelson
Super User

Here is an example using JMP 14.  Axis settings is not restricted to JMP Pro

If you create a histogram using either the Distribution Platform, or Graph Builder, right click on the axis and select "Axis Settings"

ref1a.PNG

refb.PNG

A dialog box will come up where you can enter Reference Line specifications

ref2 a.PNG

ref2 b.PNG

Fill out the information you want to be displayed and then click on OK, and you will get the reference lines displayed on the graph

ref3.PNG

Jim
rbesser
Level II

Excellent, that is exactly what I needed, thank you so much, you have been a great help.  Have a great weekend, 

Ryan