cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
ThomasVH
Level II

Analyzing Repeated Measures Data in JMP® Software - masterthesis example

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could verify if I took the right steps in setting up a mixed model for repeated measures for the following research:

In our research we had 2 groups of soccer players (amateur vs. professionals).
Each player of both groups performed 3 physical tests (a short vs. a long laboratory test vs. a field test), each test was performed on different days.Our outcome measure was VO2max (physical capacity). 

Purpose: I mainly want to compare the VO2max between the amateur vs. professionals for each physical test. (2x3 table)

So I thought I should use a 2-way repeated measure ANOVA. In JMP pro 12-> a mixed model repeated measures.

But i'm not sure about which factor I should put in the fixed effect and/or random effect box when using Analyse -> fit model for my purpose.

Can someone please verify if I did the right thing in the two last pictures below? (The first picture is just a small selection from my data.)

Kind regards,
Thomas

afbeelding.png

afbeelding.png

afbeelding.png

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Analyzing Repeated Measures Data in JMP® Software - masterthesis example

I discovered that the nesting will impact your estimation. Instead of nesting, simply label your subjects uniquely as 1-8 instead of 1-4 within each kind of athlete. I attached a data table with the correct data levels and a Model table script for this analysis.

I apologize for the delay in this answer.

ThomasVH
Level II

Thank you for mentioning it. I tried it and indeed, it has also an impact on the p-values.

Greetings

ThomasVH
Level II

Everything went well. I'm only a little worried about my SEM values.

In most of the parameters for instance the VO2max (see picture beneath) the SEM values are the same for each group. Is this normal?

afbeelding.png