cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Have your say in shaping JMP's future by participating in the new JMP Wish List Prioritization Survey
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
lala
Level VII

如何将用软件制作图形的背景设透明?

您好!

例如、制作这个气泡图

如何将图形的背景设透明?谢谢!2022-03-18_07-58-48.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Craige_Hales
Super User

Re: 如何将用软件制作图形的背景设透明?

You can script the Bubble Plot copy/paste frame contents. I'd still use Graph Builder.

Scripting IndexScripting Index

Craige

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Craige_Hales
Super User

Can you explain what you are trying to do? For example,

1. Do you want to put a PNG with alpha-transparency into the graph? (Easy. It just works.)
  2. Do you want to use alpha-transparency in a script to draw transparent lines? (Also easy. Use the transparent() function.)
  3. Do you want a static picture behind the data? (Also easy, unless you mean #4. Just move the picture to the back so it draws first.)
  4. Do you want to save the graph to a PNG and have the white background be transparent? (Not easy. JMP does have a preference for the report background, but the graph always forces a white rectangle. @XanGregg I'd wish for a transparent background color option.)

The difference between 3 and 4 is huge: 3 places the data points over an image that will always be in the same place with respect to the data. 4 places the data points "on a sheet of glass"; you can then slide the glass over different images. You might want 4 if you are building a web page with a scrolling effect. Otherwise 3 should address most needs. (Even with 3, if JMP is running you can move or change the background image using JSL or the mouse.)

If you really need the last one, there are two one possible workarounds:

1. Save as SVG, then manually (or with a script you write) edit the SVG text to remove the white background.
  2. probably won't work.

Craige
lala
Level VII

我是想到达这个目的:

先用性别为分类、分别以男性、女性各自作出气泡图(不用的形态作图)

然后将这两个图重叠的效果

谢谢专家!

2022-03-20_08-43-55.png2022-03-20_08-43-57.png

lala
Level VII

这样不懂得如何改变不同性别的图形形态

2022-03-20_08-54-59.png

Craige_Hales
Super User

There are two ways to do that. I think GraphBuilder and RowState markers would be the easiest. First set the markers for the groups:

Circle and Triangle markersCircle and Triangle markers

Set up GraphBuilder

You can change the jitter option if you don't want the overlapping symbols dodging each other.You can change the jitter option if you don't want the overlapping symbols dodging each other.

Or you can do it with BubblePlot the way you were trying by using Edit->Copy Frame Content and Edit->Paste Frame Content:

Use Draw and Shape to make the hollow shapes.Use Draw and Shape to make the hollow shapes.

Copy the content from one...Copy the content from one...

...paste to the other....paste to the other.

I do not like the copy-paste choice because it would be an extra step, hard to script, leaves an extra graph on the screen, and the pasted points in the destination graph are NOT selectable. I think the GraphBuilder choice is much better.

Craige
lala
Level VII

非常感谢专家的帮助!

如果能得到这些操作的JSL就更好了。

谢谢!

Craige_Hales
Super User

You can script the Bubble Plot copy/paste frame contents. I'd still use Graph Builder.

Scripting IndexScripting Index

Craige
lala
Level VII

请教怎样用脚本来实现这个标签?谢谢!

我搜索了、没有实现。

2022-03-21_14-24-56.png

lala
Level VII

dt = Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp" );
dt << Color or Mark by Column( :sex, Marker Theme( "hollow" ) );
Graph Builder(
	Size( 532, 447 ),
	Show Control Panel( 0 ),
	Variables( X( :age ), Y( :height ), Size( :weight ) ),
	Elements( Points( X, Y, Legend( 4 ) ) )
);
Craige_Hales
Super User

looks good!

I like the jitter effect for this example. You might not want it for some data.I like the jitter effect for this example. You might not want it for some data.

Craige