cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Ryan_Gilmore
Community Manager Community Manager
Member Spotlight: Victor_G

Member Spotlight Banner.jpgCommunity members are known by their usernames. You come to know their personas as they ask and answer questions, share best practices, or write blog posts. Now you can get to know the Community members behind the usernames in our Member Spotlight series. The series is designed to foster greater connections between our Community members. 

Our latest Member Spotlight participant is @Victor_G@Victor_G has been a member for 4 years yet has already achieved the rarified rank of Level VI.

@Victor_G answers a few of our questions

How long have you been a JMP User?

I have been a happy JMP User since 2018, where my primary focus was about DoE.

What is one (or more) of your favorite hobbies?

I enjoy discovering and hearing music, and also mixing it during friends' parties.

Tell us a podcast, television series, book or movie you found entertaining in the last year.

I have lots of ideas in mind, but two of the best discoveries I had during last year were the YouTube channel "StatQuest with Josh Starmer", explaining the maths and concepts behind the most frequently used algorithms and analysis, and "Making Friends with Machine Learning" from Cassie Kozyrkov, Chief Decision Scientist at Google, a very intuitive, easy and practical introduction to Machine Learning.

Give one reason you are a Community member or one aspect you like about the Community.

I enjoy being a Community member, because there are so many brilliant people in the community to learn from, and I really enjoy the exchanges of ideas on topics that enable everyone to progress.

This or That: What do you prefer?

• Cake or pie? Cake, but it depends on the recipe
  • Morning or late night? I'm rather a morning person
  • JSL or Graph Builder? Hard to say... I'm not a JSL scripter, but I often use scripts parts to structure a journal or analysis, so I would go for it. But Graph Builder is so easy and intuitive to quickly graph something in response to a question from colleagues that I couldn't do without it!
  • Mountains or beach? I prefer the beach, in a calm and relaxing place.

Thanks for letting us get to know you, @Victor_G! We appreciate all you do.

Interested in participating with your own member spotlight?

The Community would love to learn more about you. Contact @Ryan_Gilmore to get started.

Last Modified: Oct 25, 2022 10:47 AM
Comments