cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Ryan_Gilmore
Community Manager Community Manager
Member Spotlight: ErraticAttack

Member Spotlight Banner.jpgCommunity members are known by their usernames. You come to know their personas as they ask and answer questions, share best practices, or write blog posts. Now you can get to know the Community members behind the usernames in our Member Spotlight series. The series is designed to foster greater connections between our Community members. 

Here we spotlight @ErraticAttack, who has received 100+ kudos for his contributions to other Community members.

@ErraticAttack answers a few of our question

How long have you been a JMP User?

I've been a JMP user since July 2018, when I started working at Intel

What is one (or more) of your favorite hobbies?

My favorite hobby is programming, but outside of computers my favorite hobby is biking -- trail biking mostly, and here in Oregon there are a lot of great bike trails

Tell us a podcast, television series, book or movie you found entertaining in the last year.

I've been reading the Witcher series recently and it's been very entertaining.  I enjoy the Netflix series but there is so much in the books that can't make it into the series, and I find it fascinating to read the discussions on how to translate the original Polish into English and the various complications that go along with that (like when names / nicknames have meanings, or jokes / cultural references that don't make sense in another language)

Give one reason you are a Community member or one aspect you like about the Community.

I find the JSL enjoyable but it does require a bit of a mental shift from what one might call more normal programming languages (such as Python).  It took me a while to start thinking about JSL in the proper mindset and I want to help others who might struggle.  I pretty much only engage in JSL questions on the Community pages.

This or That: What do you prefer?

• Cake or pie? Pie
  • Morning or late night? Late night
  • JSL or Graph Builder? JSL
  • Mountains or beach? Mountains

Thanks for letting us get to know you, @ErraticAttack! We appreciate all you do.

Interested in participating with your own member spotlight?

The Community would love to learn more about you. Contact @Ryan_Gilmore to get started.

Last Modified: Sep 26, 2022 12:49 AM