cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Ryan_Gilmore
Community Manager Community Manager
Member Spotlight: DonMcCormack

Member Spotlight Banner.jpgCommunity members are known by their usernames. You come to know their personas as they ask and answer questions, share best practices, or write blog posts. Now you can get to know the Community members behind the usernames in our Member Spotlight series. The series is designed to foster greater connections between our Community members. 

For the next month, we'll spotlight a few JMP staff Community members who have made significant contributions to the JMP User Community. We start with @DonMcCormack , the moderator of the JMP Challenge blog and the recently revised JSL Cookbook.

@DonMcCormack answers a few of our questions

How long have you been a JMP User?

A long time. Since it first came out for Windows, in 1995 I think. We were requested by Sematech members to develop training materials using a more user friendly software package than the one we were using. At the time, it was only available on the Mac. When 3.1 was released, we (the Sematech Statistics Methods group) got to work. I think I still have some of those materials around somewhere.

What is one (or more) of your favorite hobbies?

I love playing the guitar, despite not being as talented as I'd like. Jazz and all manners of fingerstyle guitar.

Tell us a podcast, television series, book or movie you found entertaining in the last year.

I've been trying to become fluent in Spanish during the pandemic and one of the podcasts I like is No Hay Tos. It's at just the right level for me to understand most of what's going on. I like that they regularly focus on interesting aspects of the language.

Give one reason you are a Community member or one aspect you like about the Community.

I enjoy the exchange of information and ideas, particularly the willingness of members to share.

This or That: What do you prefer?

• Cake or pie? Either
  • Morning or late night? Morning
  • JSL or Graph Builder? JSL
  • Mountains or beach? Mountain

Thanks for letting us get to know you, @DonMcCormack! We appreciate all you do.

Interested in participating with your own member spotlight?

The Community would love to learn more about you. Contact @Ryan_Gilmore to get started.

Last Modified: Nov 22, 2022 3:47 PM