cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Share your analytics insights with fellow JMP users. Submit a brief abstract to the Discovery Europe call for content describing innovative ways you use JMP.
MU_IT
Level I

How can I update JMP Pro 16 licenses across multiple machines?

Apologies if this question's been asked before, but I wasn't able to find it. We have over 100 users on a JMP Pro 16 annual site license which needs to be updated. We've got the new SID and PER files which work fine when you go to the individual computer and update that way, but I'm looking for some way to automate/mass-deploy the new licenses. There was an older thread on here that had a registry entry edit, but it looks like that doesn't apply to JMP Pro 16. There was another thread that seemed to have had this questions answered here, but the linked page isn't working anymore. Any help or ideas would be welcome, thanks!

1 REPLY 1
MU_IT
Level I

Re: How can I update JMP Pro 16 licenses across multiple machine?

Not sure if there's a better way, but I found that just overwriting the current current PER file seems to cause JMP to automatically pull the renewed license from there. Wrote a BAT to run on the remote computers (there are two destinations since there's variation between users that installed the program themselves vs. lab machine installs).

echo f | xcopy "\\network_path\jmp.per" "C:\Program Files\SAS\JMPPRO\16" /y
echo f | xcopy "\\network_path\jmp.per" "C:\Users\%username%\Documents" /y