cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
0 Kudos

Data filter column headers

What inspired this wish list request? 

Saw application which had great way of building "custom queries" to filter down your data and I think JMP could benefit from it.

What is the improvement you would like to see? 

I would like to be able to filter down my JMP table data (in best case hide non-wanted data, so this would need something like Row Filtering and hiding ) based on simple queries.

I quickly created quick mockup of the idea. You could have (optional) search bar above your column headers in which you could write "queries". It should allow for wild cards, list of items, exact matches, less than/greater than and so on and you should be able to define if specific search should be AND or OR type (by default they should be AND). And when you right click on the column search bar it would open simplified version of Row Selection menu in which you could more easily build your query.

jthi_0-1708678609832.png

the filter menu could also be something similar like Query Builder has

jthi_1-1708678770942.png

Also if user right clicks on value from data table, it would be nice if they could add it to the search terms.

Why is this idea important? 

Makes using just JMP data table easier and allows using it for exploratory analysis. Again something which I might write my own add-in for to support my usage of JMP, but I still would like to have this as native feature in JMP.