Oct 26, 2015
David Meintrup and I just finished checking the proofs of new book "Statistics with JMP: Hypothesis Tests, ANOVA and Regression"!
Unique features of the books:
• combines in-depth explanation of methods with demos in JMP,
• discusses the best tests and confidence intervals (these are not always the best known ones),
• excellent explanation of appropriate nonparametric tests for small sample sizes,
• a chapter on equivalence testing,
• an easy to understand introduction to optimal design of experiments (in the context of constructing confidence intervals for 2 populations; a must for every stats class);
• readable explanations concerning exact p-values,
• uses the newest available tables of critical values for Shapiro-Wilk and Kruskal-Wallis tests,
• a clear discussion of power calculations and sample size determinations,
• a readable explanation of why O'Brien's test for multiple variances should be preferred over Bartlett's and Levene's tests.
This sequel to our book "Statistics with JMP: Graphs, Descriptive Statistics and Probability" appears in April! It'll be published by Wiley.
Congratulations! Looking forward to this great new book Peter!