cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Mcc99
Level I

How to create a fold change heat map?

I'm having some difficulty figuring out how to create a fold change heat map in JMP pro. I have five samples, with various concentrations of almost 300 compounds. I would like to visualize the data via a heat map like the example below, with each sample above, each compound ID on the side, and the continuous color scale determined via the fold change. The heat map function in Graph Builder doesn't seem to take multiple compounds at once, and the cell plot only does the values. Is this type of graph called something else in JMP? Or is there something wrong with my set up?   

Example.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
txnelson
Super User

Re: How to create a fold change heat map?

Try using a Cell Plot

Graph=>Cell Plot

Each column in the graph is a column from the data table, and the labeling also comes from a separate column

txnelson_1-1714069402665.png

Jim
Mcc99
Level I

From my understanding cell plot does the color scale based on count. Is there a way to specify fold change instead? 

txnelson
Super User

The cell plot uses whatever value is in the cell for the specified column.  So if the cell value has the fold change value, that is what will be used in the graph.

Jim
jthi
Super User

I'm not sure how your data is formatted so I assume your data has few rows and lots of columns. Something like below

jthi_1-1714070249086.png

You can stack your data

jthi_2-1714070273615.png

And then you can plot it

jthi_3-1714070317127.png

-Jarmo