cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Opening Parquet Files

I would like for JMP to be able to open Apache Parquet files and handle them in the same way that HDF5, JSON etc...can be handled. Thanks a million.

20 Comments
User01
Level I

Hi @MassimoMartucci,

Excellent add-in...this will be super helpful to our team.

The single file uploader worked, but the multiple file button adds the below error to the log...

JMP17

Python:3.9.7

/*:

// New data table
// → Data Table( "Untitled" )
New Table( "Untitled" );

Invalid argument in Pick File: Directory "c:\tmp\parquet_multiple_files" not found in access or evaluation of 'Pick Directory' , Pick Directory/*###*/("Select directory with Apache Parquet input files",
"c:\tmp\parquet_multiple_files", Show Files( 1 ))

at line 10 in ~\SAS\JMP\Addins\com.jmp.martucci.parquet\Apache Parquet file importer - multiple files - interactive.jsl

Thank you!

Hi, that issue should be solved now, I am not pointing to that folder anymore. I have re-uploaded add-in, would you give a try? Massimo 

User01
Level I

@MassimoMartucci works great, thank you for the swift response!

User01
Level I

Hi @MassimoMartucci 

Is it possible to open parquet files, folders with the Open or some other function Open Function

No, in the current version of software (V17) it is not possible.

shampton82
Level VII

@Ryan_Gilmore  Please un-archive this request.  These file types are much more efficient to use vs csv and should be an integrated compatibility vs an add in.  Thanks for considering this request.

Steve

Ryan_Gilmore
Community Manager
Status changed to: Acknowledged

mia_stephens
Staff

@kevin_lennon , with JMP 18, it is now possible to open Apache Parquet files via the enhanced Python integration. Please see:

https://community.jmp.com/t5/JMPer-Cable/JMP-is-Pythonic-Enhanced-Python-Integration-in-JMP-18/ba-p/...

Thank you!

(Marking this request as delivered).

mia_stephens
Staff
Status changed to: Delivered

Paul_Nelson
Staff

Please see my additions to https://community.jmp.com/t5/JMP-Add-Ins/Apache-Parquet-file-importer/ta-p/637823#U637823 where I detail an updated script taking advantage of JMP 18's capabilities.