cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
gpuckett
Level I

Oracle ODBC Error 1114: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.

I am receiving this error when using the Database Open Table dialog in JMP Pro 9.0.3 64bit. I am able to use this ODBC connection in other applications without issue and the "test connection" feature also works without issue in the ODBC interface.

The full error is:

Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error  1114: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed. (Oracle in Oracle_11gR2_x64_1, C:\Oracle11gR2_x64\product\11.2.0\client_1\BIN\SQORA32.DLL).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Oracle ODBC Error 1114: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.

This question is probably best handled by Tech Support, but I may be able to point in some good directions.

You're running JMP in 64-bits which means that you must have a 64-bit ODBC driver for it to work. I'm concerned that the error message references a dll with 32 in the name.

Can you see if that DLL exists in the location in the error message? Also, can you confirm that you have a 64-bit driver?

-Jeff

-Jeff

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Jeff_Perkinson

This question is probably best handled by Tech Support, but I may be able to point in some good directions.

You're running JMP in 64-bits which means that you must have a 64-bit ODBC driver for it to work. I'm concerned that the error message references a dll with 32 in the name.

Can you see if that DLL exists in the location in the error message? Also, can you confirm that you have a 64-bit driver?

-Jeff

-Jeff
gpuckett
Level I

The driver in this location is the 64 bit driver and the file does exist.

pmroz
Super User

Re: Oracle ODBC Error 1114: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.

Was a solution found for this error?  I'm encountering it on one of my PCs.  The Oracle driver is 64-bit, and JMP 14 is 64-bit.

Jeff_Perkinson

Re: Oracle ODBC Error 1114: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.

I looked at the tech support track that was created by the original poster. Unfortunately, what resolved the problem isn't entirely clear. There was some uninstallation/reinstallation of older and newer versions of JMP and ODBC drivers and it started working. We wouldn't expect uninstalling and reinstalling any version of JMP would affect any other. It's a bit of mystery.

Contact Tech Support if you want some help trying to track it down in your instance.

-Jeff
pmroz
Super User

Thanks Jeff.  I'm headed in that direction.  I compared some Oracle registry entries for two servers and it turns out the problematic server has registry entries that point to the Oracle 11 client and some that point to the Oracle 12 client.  Everything is supposed to point to Oracle 12; in fact Oracle 11 is no longer on the machine.  I'll keep you posted.